Friday, June 3, 2011

Overwhelmed

Tonight, I am overcome with feelings. Lost in a sea of imposing emotions, but none of them are quite strong enough to rock my boat. Tonight, I am me and I am good with that. It has been almost a month since my last post, and I am sure that some of you may be thinking, “What does this have to do with politics?” It took me an entire year to realize that I was already becoming what I loathed in politics. For me, it was beginning to be a business. Government has become something that we do not take part in for the betterment of ourselves and others, something that exists only when it must not because we believe in it, and certainly it has become a place where charity, kindness, and the good of people, didn’t exist. Tonight, I realize the criticisms of a naïve college student are less than a piece of enlightenment, and more of an imposition of morality. I had forgotten my roots, a promise I dare never to break again. I forgot what politics truly are, behind the ugly mask of corruption and greed. They are but the emotions of others. Everyone who believes something strong enough to publically support it has a reason. They feel something. Regardless of the emotions nobility, or morality, for I am the judge of neither, this emotion is indeed an emotion. So please, take these words from me and remember that our government is of the people. This happy-ending seeking soul thinks that the people are better than we are treating ourselves right now.
Real Talk :

If

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools;
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
                                                                -Rudyard Kipling         

No comments:

Post a Comment