Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Been Awhile

So yeah, it has been forever since I last posted anything. Sometimes, the life of a college student can be a bit hectic. For now, I have a little extra time, so I want to discuss something. Education. I understand it’s a pretty broad topic. There is just a little something I would like to share though. Before I say this, I want to take the time to cover my back, I completely understand that education funding is a state problem. So, don’t say that I am just trying to make things look bad. Ok so, states look out for their own education system, which is perfectly understandable. So why can’t the feds can’t help out a little more with the bill? While education is the state’s business, it is a national responsibility. Just something to think about…before you go ranting about lowering your taxes…maybe some of us would like our kids to actually have a textbook for class?

REAL TALK: US Department of Defense Budget
- $ 691 billion / year

TRUE STORY: US Department of Education Budget
- $ 46.7 billion / year

No comments:

Post a Comment